Kes (commonly known as Kes the Band or KTB) is a soca band formed in Trinidad in 2005. The group's musical style primarily consists of soca, influenced by calypso and reggae, with elements from other genres such as rock and dance music. It is sometimes described as Island Pop or Caribbean Pop.
The band consists of founding members Kees Dieffenthaller (lead vocals), Hans Dieffenthaller (drums), Jon Dieffenthaller (guitar) and Riad Boochoon (bass guitar). Kees, Hans and Jon are brothers. Noted for high energy live performances and the soulful voice of lead singer, KES has captured the hearts of many. It has become one of the most popular and sought after bands in Trinidad and Tobago, throughout the Caribbean, US and Canada.
- "Take Me Away" Music Video has been selected as a finalist in the International Song Writing Competition. www.songwritingcompetion.com
- The Music Video for the bands song "Stress Away" was selected to appear in this year's BBC Music Video festival
- Nominated for a BET Soul Train Award 2011
- The band has performed and sold out some prestigious venues in NYC such as BB Kings and the BEST BUY Theatre in Times Square
- Their song "WOTLESS" Maintained a steady position on the ITUNES World charts for the most of 2011 and reached to number 6.
- Featured on FOX 5 Good Day New York in September 2011 - First Caribbean Band to perform on their program.
- KES won the title of GROOVY SOCA MONARCH 2011 with the Presentation and performance of the song WOTLESS.
- The band performs throughout the United States (New York, Los Angeles, Washington, Miami, Houston, San Francisco amongst other states), Canada, London, the Caribbean (St. Vincent, Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia, Grenada), BVI and USVI where they continuously sell out venues.
- Currently recording with several producers including DJ POET (producer of Black Eye Peas)
- KES hit several new territories within the last 12 months including Japan, China, Dubai, Germany, Belgium, Montreal and Greece.
- The band has opened for acts such as Lifehouse, Evanescence, Maroon 5, Sean Paul, Musiq Soul Child, Usher, John Legend, and Rihanna.
- Released five albums to date, Three Baldheads & a Dread, Lion, On in Five and WOTLESS, Stereotype and WIRED
- The band garnered international attention and several awards, including the USA 4 Real "Most Promising Artist" Award. The song "Let Me Know" was picked up by Six Flags amusement park and American Airlines to play throughout their in-park and on-flight programs.
- Had a song featured on EA Games FIFA 2006 Edition.
- TV Credits include: BBC World, MTV, BET and various national/international networks.
- Awarded a Finalist Position by the USA Song Writing Competition 2010 for the song LOVING YOU (featuring Tessanne Chin).
- Kees was invited to Nashville to write with multiple Grammy Award winner Desmond Child.
Phone: +347.269.8131 +347.269.8130